RHX Data Acquisition Software
Intan RHX is free, powerful data acquisition software that displays and records electrophysiological signals from any Intan RHD or RHS system using an RHD USB interface board, RHD recording controller, or RHS stim/recording controller. Multi-threaded design with built-in GPU acceleration enables flexible, real-time software filtering and spike detection. Real-time analysis tools include a peri-stimulus time histogram (PSTH) plotter, a spectrogram window, and a flexible spike scope. All functions of the software can be controlled locally through the intuitive GUI or remotely using TCP commands, and automation examples are provided to link RHX with MATLAB, Python, and C++.
- Universal Intan software works with all Intan RHD recording and RHS stimulation/recording systems.
- User-selectable sampling rate up to 30 kHz/channel.
- Open-source, multi-platform C++/Qt software.
- Multi-threaded design with GPU acceleration enables flexible, real-time software filtering into LFP and action potential bands, notch filtering, and threshold-based spike detection on all channels.
- Automatically set spike detection thresholds to a multiple of RMS levels on each channel.
- Flexible multi-column display with sweep or roll mode, oscilloscope-like triggering, custom colors, and channel grouping for tetrodes.
- Complete TCP command interface allows third-party software (e.g., MATLAB, Python) to control all functions remotely and automate tasks. Selected waveform data may be streamed into other applications via TCP.
- Probe Map window displays graphical representations of electrode sites, electrode impedance, and neural activity based on simple XML probe geometry file.
- Real-time analysis tools with easy data extraction to MATLAB, spreadsheet, or image files:
- PSTH: Peri-stimulus time histogram
- ISI: Inter-spike interval histogram
- Spectrogram: and spectrum analyzer
- Spike Scope with selectable spike detection and artifact rejection thresholds
- Playback mode to review saved data files.
- Real time rewind to review the past 30 seconds of acquired data on the screen.
- Flexible referencing: Each channel can have its own arbitrary reference, which can be a single channel or an average of multiple channels.
- All settings files are saved in human-readable XML format. There is an option to auto-load a default settings file every time the software starts.
- One-click in situ measurement of electrode impedances at user-selected frequencies.
- Live Notes function saves time-stamped user annotations in a text file.
- Selected waveforms are routed to computer audio or controller audio line out jack.
- Demo mode with synthetic data allows users to evaluate nearly all software functions with no Intan hardware present.
Minimum System Recommendations
A CPU with at least four cores is recommended to take advantage of the multi-threaded processing. (Most modern CPUs have at least four cores.) A system with a GPU is recommended to speed up real-time software filtering and spike detection with large numbers of channels.
- 16-32 amplifier channels: 2.4 GHz CPU with 4+ cores, 4 GB system RAM
- 48-512 amplifier channels: 3.0 GHz CPU with 4+ cores, GPU, 8 GB system RAM
- 528-1024 amplifier channels: 3.2 GHz CPU with 4+ cores, GPU, 16 GB system RAM